eChant-Hughes & Associates, Inc. (DHA) is a public relations firm dedicated to national media coverage for books and authors, specializing in books on religious thought, spirituality, and culture. DHA is headed by Kelly Hughes, who has more than twenty years experience in book publicity.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- keen understanding of a broad range of religious thought, spirituality, and cultural issues;
- skillful positioning of the books and authors we represent for maximum media impact;
- commitment to personal service and attentiveness to our clients;
- ability to communicate the significance of religious ideas and trends to mainstream media;
- effective use of traditional, new, and social media to build word-of-mouth momentum;
- knowledge of the media and sensitivity to their needs and interests;
- insight into the intersection of faith with daily life, work, family matters, popular culture, current events, and social justice;
- careful selection of projects—we only take on those that are a good fit for us, and we limit the number of clients we serve at any one time.
We've also successfully promoted many general trade books on current affairs, relationships, parenting, leadership, consumer issues, and health, and have publicized CD releases by musicians such as singer-songwriter Carrie Newcomer and jazz composer Deanna Witkowski. We relish a challenge and enjoy offbeat projects—ask us about our work on Latin translations of Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstein classics!